On rare occasions, it may be necessary to replace the salinity sensor board in the Rainman control panel. To avoid the need for calibration procedure, the board will come from the factory with a new probe that is precalibrated to the board. It is important to keep the sensor board and probe as a matching set or the calibration will be out.
Remove salinity sensor board
- Remove the salinity probe from the product water tee by pressing the ring in the tee and pulling the probe.
- Disconnect the two connections for the LED indicator and the salinity probe.
Important: Note the orientation of each connector to ensure it slots in correctly upon reassembly.
- The grommet has a slit between two holes. Remove the salinity probe connector by pressing it through this slit.
- The black and red wires are the 10-32VDC input. The green and white wires are the 12VDC output to power relay in PSU. Remove all four of these wires, noting the positions of each one.
- Remove the four screws from each corner of the salinity sensor board and gently lift the board out of position. Note that these screws are stainless steel, so will not hold to a magnetic screwdriver.
Replace salinity sensor board
- Reverse the above steps to reinstall the salinity sensor board into the control panel.
Important: Do not press the “Calib” button as it will reset the probe calibration. The board and probe are pre-calibrated at the factory.