Detailed Rainman Watermaker Schematic
We have designed the system to be as simple as possible for maximum reliability and easy maintenance.
- Optional installation helps both cost effectiveness and ease of future maintenance
- No electronics to fail or corrode
- No generator required for the petrol version means you don’t need to run the main engine to operate our system
- An impeller lift pump draws sea water up to the pressure supply unit and creates positive pressure for the high pressure pump.
- The pre-filter removes particulates larger than 5 microns from the water.
- A plunger pump pressurises the system for the reverse osmosis membranes to operate.
- The relief valve only opens if the control valve is closed excessively or a pressure washer gun is attached and idle.
- A high pressure hose carries filtered sea water to the reverse osmosis membranes.
- Multiple membranes are connected in series (double RO membrane case configuration).
- The pressure control valve at the end of the system is used to set system pressure to approximately 55 bar (800 psi).
- Brine water is released to the sea while fresh water is routed to your drinking water tank.
- Both the lift pump and high pressure pump are powered by either a reliable Honda 50cc engine or a fully sealed induction electric motor.